Training for New Hires
Welcome to the Research Foundation for SUNY.
The first days, weeks, and months of a new job are filled with excitement, a wealth of information, and many questions. This site provides the key information new employees should know to excel in their roles at the RF and a roadmap to help determine when to tackle each new on-boarding task.
Additional learning and development goals specific to your role and campus can be found at your worksite and discussed with your supervisor or local HR Officer.
Click here for a pdf to check off your progress as you go.
Click here to see our Top 10 Learning Opportunities.
Review sample new employee checklist:
- RF Corporate Orientation Checklist
- Preventing Discrimination Harassment Online Training Attestation
- New York State Human Rights Law and RF Policy
Watch welcome video from RF President Dr. Jeff Cheek:
Watch RF Board video:
Learn more about the organization:
- Welcome to the RF Overview
- Sponsored Programs, Technology Transfer & Finance 101
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Review Annual Report
- Central Office Organization Charts
Receive answers to your benefits questions:
- Visit the benefits website.
- Contact your campus administrator for specific questions.
Get help with common tasks:
*This tool is specific to Binghamton, ESF, Buffalo State, Oneonta, New Paltz, SUNY Downstate and Central Office.
Complete critical online training:
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment
- Information Security
Email email@example.com to enroll.
SRAI Level Up Learning:
- Talk to your supervisor about if Level Up Learning is right for you.
- Powered by Society of Research Administrators International, courses range from 2 to 5 hours in duration on topics most relevant to the modern research administration professional. Each module includes a randomized, comprehensive 50 question exam that challenges staff to demonstrate their aptitude while reinforcing the lessons and insights contained in the course. Unlimited access is available through December 2022 only. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information.
Visit the Learning Tuesdays webpage:
- Learning Tuesdays are Live-streaming 45-90-minute trainings on topics that span SUNY’s research enterprise.
- Visit the Past Programs Page to watch previous episodes. Search by keyword to find episodes that interest you in your role at the RF.
Watch “Power & Privilege in the Workplace”:
Visit NCURA website:
- Subscribe to NCURA YouTube Channel **Optional: Based on your role.
Watch Solutions for Information Overload and Multitasking (Optional)
Write a professional development plan:
Check the Learning & Development Calendar for a list of current offerings.
Learn about the Mentoring Program.
Learn about the Research Administrators' Virtual Academy.
Training for AP / Purchasing Staff
- Access to Org Campus Supplier Update
- Supplier File Reference Guide
- Supplier File Naming Standards
- Supplier File Quick Reference Guide
- Supplier File Types Quick Reference Guide
- Process Help
- Report Help
- Procurement Policy Update Training
- Complete Supplier File Basics Online Course. Email email@example.com to be assigned the course.
*Notes: The RF has a library of online trainings that may be of interest to you. For Questions on what is currently available and/or to take a course please email firstname.lastname@example.org.