Retiree Benefits Handbook
Your Research Foundation Benefits Handbook Retiree along with your health plan’s benefit handbook or certificate, provide the summary plan description for your retiree benefits. This handbook is intended to:
- Provide a detailed source of accurate information about Research Foundation (RF) benefits plans and programs for retirees
- Make your RF benefits easier to access and understand when you need them most.
- Help you with personal benefits and financial planning.
Benefit Information for Retirees under age 65
- Health Plan Summaries
- Health Plan Notice of Privacy Practices
- PPO Benefit Booklet
- Benefits Enrollment Form
- Benefits Bulletin for Retirees
- Health Plan rates for retirees and spouses under age 65
- Discount program for SUNY and RF retirees
- HRA Contribution Chart
Benefit Information for Retirees over age 65
Medicare-eligible retirees and/or their Medicare-eligible dependents age 65 and older will be able to choose from a wide variety of Medicare supplemental medical and prescription drug plans available through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange™, a well-established private health exchange. Retirees also may select Medicare supplemental medical and prescription drug plans not offered by the Aon Retiree Health Exchange; however, they will not be eligible to receive the Aon Retiree Health Exchange's enrollment support services.
The RF will make an annual contribution to an HRA for most retirees to help pay for health and prescription drug insurance premiums and other eligible health care expenses, including deductibles, copays, and coinsurance. The HRA is administered by the Aon Retiree Health Exchange.
Helpful links for retirees
Moving On Video:
When you decide to leave employment with RF SUNY, we invite you to view this video to learn about your options regarding your Retirement Plan Assets.
- The official government website for the Medicare program
- Ask Ms. Medicare
- AARP advice columnist for Medicare questions