Reports & Publications
About the RF
- Strategic Plan: Research and Innovation Strategy: 2014-2020, which charts the RF’s course for the next five years, is guided by three aspirational and measurable goals for SUNY research.
- Operating Plan: A comprehensive resource for all stakeholders to understand the RF's business, the Operating Plan outlines specific steps the RF will take to implement the Strategic Plan and also outlines the corporation's annual budget which includes descriptions and charts to show the sources and uses of RF funds.
- Annual Report: An overview of major activities and the corporation's financial condition during the previous fiscal year. The Audited Financial Statements contains three tables of standard financial data – Balance Sheet, Statement of Activities and Statement of Cash Flows -- that together provide a detailed picture of the RF's finances.
- A-133 Report: Organizations that spend $300,000 or more in a given year in total federal funds are required to have an independent audit conducted for compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, “Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations.” The “A-133 Report” is the end result of this audit, and provides an independent opinion on how the RF administers and spends federal funds.
- IRS Form 990 Required for Tax-Exempt Organizations: An annual reporting return that federally tax-exempt organizations must file with the IRS. Sponsors and members of the public rely on Form 990 as the primary source of information about the RF - its financial strength, its mission, its program services, and how it spends its money. Refer to the Reader’s Guide for explanations of key information contained in the RF’s IRS Form 990.
- IRS Form 990T: An annual report given to the IRS by tax exempt organizations to provide exempt organization business income. The RF completes this form mainly to disclose foreign investment partnerships.
- Sponsored Programs Expenditure Profile Summary: An annual report that displays the five year trend of total sponsored expenditures by campus and by program.