Run a Report
Use these instructions to run a standard or customized report.
To run a report
When completing the Oracle forms referenced in this procedure, note that a white field indicates optional entry or one that is conditional based on the particular process.
- Perform this procedure when you need to run any Research Foundation or standard Oracle report.
- From the applicable responsibility in the Navigator window, select Processes and Reports > Submit Processes and Requests to go to the Submit a New Request form.
- Select Single Request.
- Click OK to go to the Submit Request form.
- Complete the following field:
Required (R) or Optional (O)
Title (name) of the report to be run.
Select from the List of Values.
- The Parameters form will be displayed if you select a request that requires parameter values.
- As required, enter the parameters.
- Click OK to return to the Submit Request form. The fields within the Run this Request region will be populated.
- Click Submit to go to the Requests form. Submitted requests are queued and run in the order in which they are received. Your current request may appear in a list of all of your requests in the Requests form.
- Once you submit your request, the Requests form displays and provides you with the current status of your request and the request ID number. A request ID is automatically assigned to each request submission. A request's phase and status are shaded with the following colors:
- Click Refresh Data until the Phase field displays Completed.
- The time it takes to complete a request depends on Oracle activity at all operating locations. You may select File > Close Form to exit from this form while the report is running and the Phase is in Pending Status. When you are ready to return and view the report, return to this work instruction or use the process help "View a Request."
- If you need to run a new report, click Submit a New Request to go to the Submit a New Request form. Go back to step 3.
- If you need to view or print the report, click View Output. If the report was run as a PDF, Adobe Acrobat opens in a second browser window to display the PDF file. If the report was run as a TEXT file, a second browser window opens to display the ASCII text. Review or print the report.
- If you want to exit this process, select File > Close Form.
- Select File > Close to close the second browser and go back to the Requests form.