SUNY Startup Summer School
SUNY Startup Summer School (S4) focuses on supporting and facilitating the development and commercialization of emerging technologies. All SUNY faculty, staff, students, and startup leaders with an interest in accelerated entrepreneurial education and SBIR and STTR funding opportunities are encouraged to enroll.
What do S4 participants get?
Depending on their experience, S4 enrollees will receive the following:
- Accelerated I-Corps training (i.e., customer discovery, Lean Startup) delivered by coaches from SUNY’s NSF I-Corps Sites and NSF I-Corps Nodes throughout the country;
- Access to instructional webinars providing basic information about SBIR and STTR programs and why both are excellent resources for tech-based startups;
- Proposal development support from individuals with successful track records of winning SBIR and STTR awards and supporting startup teams;
- Curated one-on-one meetings with SBIR and STTR program managers at the SBIR Road Tour hosted by SUNY Polytechnic Institute on September 17, 2019; and,
- Access to other training and development programs supporting startup success that will be provided in a just-in-time format.
How to enroll?
To participate in S4 please complete this brief enrollment form. You will be contacted for a brief phone interview upon submission of your enrollment form.
May 15, 2019: Lunch and Learn: Introduction to I-Corps and ZAP! and BOOM
May 23, 2019: ZAP! Session, SUNY Polytechnic Institute - Albany
May 29, 2019: Webinar Series: SBIR/STTR 101 webinar
May 30, 2019: ZAP! Session, SUNY Poly Institute – Albany
June 12, 2019: Webinar Series: Leveraging SBIR/STTR for Translating Research
June 12, 2019: ZAP! Lunch & Learn (Stony Brook University Cohort)
June 17, 2019: ZAP! Session 1 at Stony Brook University
June 20, 2019: I-Corps Short Course Introductory Webinar (AFRL Cohort)
June 26, 2019: Webinar Series:Thinking about SBIR/STTR Budgets webinar
July 1, 2019: ZAP! Session 2 at Stony Brook University
July 10, 2019: Webinar Series: Spinning out Research webinar
July 24, 2019: Webinar Series: Best Practices: One-on-Onse with Program Managers and Quad Charts
July 31, 2019: Webinar Series: Top 10 Dos and Don'ts for Your SBIR Proposal
August 2 & 3, 2019: NSF I-Corps Site Program Kick-Off Sessions 1 & 2 at Binghamton University
August 7, 2019: Webinar Series: Setting up a Company for SBIR Spin Out
August 7, 2019: NSF I-Corps Site Program Virtual Session 3 (Binghamton University Cohort)
August 14, 2019: NSF I-Corps Site Program Virtual Session 4 (Binghamton University Cohort)
August 14, 2019: Webinar Series: Using the Solicitation to Write Your Proposal
August 21, 2019: NSF I-Corps Site Program Virtual Session 5 (Binghamton University Cohort)
August 21, 2019: Webinar Series: Q&A for Roadshow Prep – Question Panel
August 24, 2019: NSF I-Corps Site Program Virtual Session 6 (Binghamton University Cohort)
August 28, 2019: Webinar Series: Delivering an Elevator Pitch
September 4, 2019: Webinar Series: RF/NYSTAR Assets That May Be Helpful in This Journey
September 17, 2019: SBIR Road Tour- SUNY Polytechnic Institute – Albany
The SBIR Road Tour is a national outreach effort to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the SBIR and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Federal and State Program Managers representing the $2.5 billion in early stage funding will attend and meet with technology entrepreneurs and innovation supporters from across New York State.