RF leadership is committed to excellence and integrity in executing the RF’s mission to support research and innovation at SUNY through efficient and skillful administration of sponsored projects and adept transfer and sharing of intellectual property for public benefit and economic growth.
The RF is guided by experienced professionals who seek and receive input across SUNY and from a global community of researchers, academics, entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- The Board of Directors governs the corporation. The Board contributes expertise in research, academia and business. Its Chair, John Fitzgibbons, has philanthropic interests that have focused on research in education and healthcare, where he has provided leadership to several impactful non-profit US institutions.
- The Leadership Team is comprised of the President and senior personnel responsible for the corporation's strategy, finances and management and its overall success in supporting SUNY's research and innovation.
- SUNY Vice Presidents for Research oversee research activity at their campuses and are co-champions of the SUNY Networks of Excellence.
- Operations Managers serve as the top level RF executive on campus. They are responsible for all RF activity -- including applying for and managing sponsored program funding and technology transfer and commercialization -- and for supporting SUNY’s research and innovation strategic plan and the RF’s operating plan.
- The Management Council supports the effective functioning of the RF across the enterprise. This decision-making body includes the members of the Leadership Team and managers with responsibility for the RF’s strategic direction, day-to-day operations and customer relationships.