RF Leadership Academy 2017 Class
What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
The Research Foundation Leadership Academy is a professional development opportunity that helps RF and SUNY employees working in research administration build their core leadership competencies and prepare for future positions.
The one-year program includes the following training and resources:
- Understanding the Business of the RF
- Project Management Training (and the opportunity to lead your own project that aligns to a campus/department business need)
- Professional Development Planning, 360 Developmental Assessment, Professional Coaching, DiSC Assessment
- Leveraging Diversity in the Workplace
- Public Speaking
- Effective Communication
- A Professional Mentor
- Compliance, Ethics and Leadership
- Book Review(s)
The program also encourages the following independent study opportunities (optional, but encouraged):
- Lead a book review at your campus. Suggest and lead a book review for your academy colleagues!
- Host a tour of your campus for Leadership Academy participants. Or, attend another campus tour. Attend the mock IRB and campus tour at UAlbany!
- Introduce the Open Chair concept at your campus. Attend a meeting/event as an open chair, and pay it forward!
- Attend the Research Administrators Symposium in Albany April 5 & 6, 2017 to network with your academy colleagues and participate in a diversity and inclusion session.
- Sign up for a month to lead a discussion topic on myRF. Share articles and videos that inspire you.
For more information about the RF Leadership Academy, contact:
Kathleen Caggiano-Siino, Vice President of Human Resources