Create a Prepayment Category Refund - Process Help (R12)
Use these instructions to enter a category refund against a Prepayment invoice.
- There must be a prepayment already entered and paid in Oracle.
- Invoice status of prepayment should be "Available."
- Cash Receipt has been posted to the campus specific reserved category refund award in the Accounts Receivable (AR) Module of Oracle.
To enter a category refund against a prepayment
When completing the Oracle forms referenced in this procedure, note that a white field indicates optional entry or one that is conditional based on the particular process.
- Select Invoices: Entry > Invoices to open the Invoices form.
- Create a Standard Invoice (Refer to Process Help - Enter an AP Invoice) Note: Once the supplier is entered at the header level, a message box will appear indicating Prepayments are available. Click OK and proceed with the invoice entry.
- Enter amount of $0
- Choose Payment Method - Clearing
- You can then either Select Lines or Distributions and enter the campus specific reserved category refund PTAEO as a debit
- Click Save
- Choose Actions > and select Apply/Unapply Prepayment. Click OK.
- This will open a new box. (Select the original Prepayment to apply the category refund against).
- Click the Apply check box and also click on the Prepayment on Invoice check box
- Note: If it is for the full amount, leave the dollar figure as is; if it is for a different amount, delete the amount currently in the field and type in the correct amount.
- Choose Apply/Unapply tab in the lower right hand corner.
- Click Save and close the box.
- Select Actions...1 button
- Check the Validate check box and click OK.