Requesting Chancellor Approval for Exceptions to Policies
The State University of New York (SUNY) chancellor or designee may grant exceptions to the following SUNY research-related policies on a case-by-case basis:
Requesting an Exception
- The campus sponsored programs administrator should print out the "Request for Chancellor Review and Approval: Exception to State University of New
York (SUNY) Research-Related Policies" form.
- Complete the following sections on the form:
- SUNY Policy
- Sponsored Program Information
- Request and Supporting Information
- Attach to the form any additional documentation necessary to support the request, e.g., steps that will be taken to minimize the impact of the exception
(in terms of research dissemination or participation by foreign nationals) or a copy of the technical control plan.
- Submit the completed form and documentation to the campus operations manager (OM) to request their approval and signature.
- Submit the completed form and documentation to the vice president (VP) for sponsored programs administration at the Research Foundation's (RF) central office:
- Via mail: Vice President for Sponsored Programs Administration; The Research Foundation of SUNY; 35 State Street; Albany, New York 12207
- Via e-mail: Create a PDF of the completed form and documentation and e-mail the PDF file to: email@example.com
- The VP for Sponsored Programs Administration will review the request—this may include calling the campus to discuss—and sign the form.
- The VP for Sponsored Programs Administration will present the form to the chancellor or designee for approval and signature.
- After the chancellor or designee signs the form, the VP for Sponsored Programs Administration will return the completed form and documentation to the
- The completed form and documentation should be filed in the award or project file.
- If the VP for sponsored programs operations or chancellor does not approve the request, the VP will inform the campus of the reason.
Was this document clear and easy to follow? Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2011 The
Research Foundation of State University of New York