Calendar of Events: January - December 2017
Leadership Academy 2017 Calendar of Events (Pritable Word version)
Leadership Academy 2017 will follow the following calendar of events from
January through December 2017.
January 23 Kick Off in Albany
- 9:30 a.m. The 2017 Chancellor Zimpher’s State of the University Address at Swyer Theatre at The Egg, Empire State Plaza
- 12:30 p.m.– 4:30 p.m. Leadership Academy Program Kickoff in Albany:
- Business of the Research Foundation
- Meet the Presenters Roundtable
- Independent Project Introduction – Examples from 2014 Class & Project Planning Resources
- Pre Self-assessment
- 360 developmental assessment and coaching
- DiSC assessment and facilitated workshop
Program Agenda 1.23.17
- February 2, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Compliance & Ethics Prezi virtual training led by Joshua Toas. Locals, please join us at the SUNY Plaza in the Small Courtroom (check in at the Visitor's Desk in the center of the SUNY System Administration Building when you first arrive.) To join via WebEx, use this link: https://rfsuny.webex.com Meeting number: 645 758 490; Or, join by phone only at (Toll free) +1-855-797-9485 Access Code: 645 758 490
- February 13 - Launch 360 developmental assessment (via email)
- March 9, 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Listening 3.0 led by Koppett
- March 14 (attend one time) Professional Development Planning - Group overview of 360 process and professional coaching introduction - Conference calls at 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- April 17, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Public Speaking Module 1: “Tell me about your work at the RF.” (Two minutes each)
- Mentoring Information Sessions (attend one session):
- April 18, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Call In Number: 855-797-9485 Access Code: 641 729 677
- April 26, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Call In Number: 855-797-9485 Access Code: 646 171 465
- May 10, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Public Speaking Module 2: Extemporaneous speaking
- June 15, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Public Speaking Module 3: Verbatim speech
- July 13, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. - Book review of Political Savvy: Systematic Approaches to Leadership Behind the Scenes (by Joel R. DeLuca, PhD) led by RF President, Dr. Jeff Cheek
- August 22, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. - Supervisory skills: How to transition into the next role in your career – peer coaching group discussions to be conducted in-person at campus locations TBD
- August 31, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Diversity Session: "Differences That Make a Difference" led by Mickey Bradley
- September 12 & 13
- Day 1: IRB discussion at the UAlbany Alumni House and SUNY Poly Tour; dinner together.
- 6:00pm Dinner at Jacob & Anthony's
- Day 2: Project Management Training session September 13, 9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., at SUNY System Adminstration (Albany) Large Courtroom
- Independent Project Work
- October 24 ~ Campus Visit to the University at Buffalo
- Independent Project Work
- November 15, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Project check-in call 415-655-0002, Access code: 645 758 490
- November 28 ~ Campus Visit to SUNY Binghamton
December - Projects Unveiled and Graduation!
- December 6, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., at SUNY System Adminstration (Albany) Large Courtroom
- Graduation Celebration (Class of 2016 Leadership Academy Participants invited to attend)
- Post Self-Assessment
- Project Presentations
- Public Speaking Module 4 - Interview with Cathy Kaszluga about your final project
Independent Study (Optional, but encouraged)
- Lead a book review at your campus. Suggest and lead a book review for your academy colleagues.
- Host a tour of your campus for Leadership Academy participants. Or, attend another campus tour. Attend the mock IRB and campus tour at UAlbany.
- Introduce the Open Chair concept at your campus. Attend a meeting/event as an open chair, and pay it forward.
- Attend the Research Administrators Symposium in Albany April 5 & 6, 2017 to network with your academy colleagues and participate in a diversity and inclusion session.
- Sign up for a month to lead a discussion topic on myRF. Share articles and videos that inspire you.